LoxaSperse: A New Way to Treat Sinus Problems
For patients suffering from chronic, recurrent or resistant sinus conditions, LoxaSperse can be a real game changer. That’s because this innovative powder base for nasal nebulizations and irrigations was created to go right to the desired site of action.
- Sinus disease affects 31 million Americans
- 40 million to 60 million Americans suffer from allergic rhinitis (hay fever)
- There are more than 3 million annual cases of nasal polyps in the U.S.
- Patients are tired of taking round after round of oral antibiotics, oral steroids, nasal sprays or traditional therapies that do not seem to work
- Multiple surgeries take place without resolution of symptoms
What is LoxaSperse?
- A unique powder base that is mixed with sterile or saline water at the time of administration
- Formulated to help deliver medicine directly to the site of action
- More convenient than water-based solutions for patients
Why it's Different: Improved Drug Delivery
LoxaSperse is used for intranasal formulations directly targeting sinus problems, in contrast to oral medications, which have to circulate throughout the entire body and may not adequately deliver the active pharmaceutical ingredient (API), as well as create potential for systemic side effects. Its proprietary blend of xylitol and poloxamers reduces particle size and increases the solubility and dispersibility of APIs, potentially enhancing drug delivery and absorption.
It’s ideal for multi-drug therapy because it’s dispensed as a powder, which minimizes any drug compatibility and storage/stability concerns that come with water-containing bases while helping practitioners better target their patients’ specific conditions. As a powder preparation, it’s typically dispensed in convenient capsules that are more portable than liquid solutions, so it’s easier for patients to stay compliant with their regimens.
Additionally, the powder/capsule preparation provides a longer beyond-use date and requires neither refrigeration nor preservatives.
Ask us your ENT doctor about LoxaSperse. Our pharmacy is able to customize and adjust formulas and the strength of medication according to patients' needs.
In Conjunction with XyliFos
Using XyliFos in formulations allows for improved overall efficiency and performance of the preparation due to its synergy with LoxaSperse:
- Improves the solubilizing/dispersing characteristics of LoxaSperse by using a new technology – cyclodextrin complex
- Improves formulation substantivity (mucosal adhesiveness) as well as moisturization
- Supports the activity of antimicrobials, antivirals, anti-inflammatories and antihistamines used in formulations through a unique patent-pending EGCg–cyclodextrin complex
Combining XyliFos with LoxaSperse allows for the use of lower levels of LoxaSperse in formulations (10% versus a minimum of 25% without XyliFos).
American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology